We at e-House Counsel, (“we”, “us”) care deeply about your privacy and security. This Privacy Notice (“Notice”) is designed to inform you about how we collect, use, and share your personal information.
When you access or use our websites (the “Services”), you acknowledge that you have read this Notice and understand its contents. Your use of Services and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Terms of Service (including any applicable limitations on damages and the resolution of disputes). As e-House Counsel grows, our business changes, and we may update this Notice at any time as we deem appropriate to reflect those changes.
Collecting your personal information
We can get your personal information when you:
- Buy or register for our Services
- Subscribe to newsletters, alerts or other services from us
- Ask us for more information about services, or contact us with a question or complaint
- Visit or browse our website
We may also collect information about you from other organizations such as our trade partners, directories, or trade associations.
The personal information we collect
The information we collect about you may include the following:
- Contact information, such as name, email address, mailing address, and phone number
- Payment information, including payment card numbers, billing address, and bank account information
- Your purchase history with eHouse Counsel
- Account log-in credentials
- Your interests in our Services
- Your website browsing information about how you use our website
- Information about your computer hardware and software including your IP address, browser type, domain names.
How we may use personal information
We may use Personal Information:
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you newsletters, and e-mails.
- To send you administrative information, for example, information regarding Services and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To complete and fulfill your purchase, for example, to process your Payments, communicate with you regarding your purchase and provide you with related customer service.
- To send you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you.
- To personalize your experience on the Services by presenting products and offers tailored to you.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing, improving or modifying our Services,
identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities.
When Do We Share Personal Information?
- To our third-party service providers who provide services such payment processing, email delivery, auditing and other similar services.
- To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock.
- To comply with a legal process (subpoena or court order).
Your legal rights
Your local laws may permit you to request that we:
- Provide access to and/or a copy of certain information we hold about you
- Prevent the processing of your information for direct-marketing purposes, including any direct marketing processing based on profiling
- Update information which is out of date or incorrect
- Delete certain information which we are holding about you
- Restrict the way that we process and disclose certain of your information
- Transfer your information to a third-party provider of services
- Revoke your consent for the processing of your information
We will consider all requests and provide our response within the time period stated by applicable law. Please note, however, that certain information may be exempt from such requests in some circumstances, which may include if we need to keep processing your information for our legitimate interests or to comply with a legal obligation.
To the extent that you make such a request, we require certain information to help verify your request and prevent fraudulent information and removal requests. Specifically, we ask that you provide the following pieces of information:
- Username and email address associated with your User Account;
- Information you want to view and/or request removed;
- Country of residence; and
- A statement under penalty of perjury that all information in your request is truthful and that this is your User Account or that you have the authorization to make the request on behalf of the owner of the User Account.
Depending on the circumstances and the information you request, we may require additional methods of verification in our discretion. You shall sent all your requests using information in the “Contact Us” section below.
Retention of your information
We keep your information for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which it is processed. The length of time for which we retain information depends on the purposes for which we collected and use it and/or as required to comply with applicable laws.
How we protect your information
We consider the confidentiality and security of your information very seriously. eHouse Counsel takes technical, administrative, and physical measures to protect your information from disclosure to or access by third parties. Please note that we do not guarantee the security of information, as no method of internet transmission or storage is completely secure. Also note that we may retain and store your information in our databases and systems even after your account is deactivated as long as we have a legitimate purpose to do so and in accordance with applicable law.
California privacy rights
California residents have the right to receive, once a year from e-House Counsel: (a) information identifying any third-party company(ies) to whom we may have disclosed (within the previous calendar year) “personal information” (as defined by California law) for that company’s direct marketing purposes; and (b) a description of the categories of personal information disclosed. If you are a California resident and wish to obtain such information, submit a request at firstname.lastname@example.org; when you request the information, use the phrase “California Shine the Light Request” to help us appropriately identify your question, and include your mailing address, state of residence and email address so we can provide a response.
Attn: VP Compliance
2155 Chandler Drive
Tustin, CA 92782
Please note that email communications are not always secure; so please do not include credit card information or sensitive information in your emails to us.